Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHP-GW as backend to public site?

From: Patrick J. Walsh (mr_e)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHP-GW as backend to public site?
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:11:10 -0700

        Docs?  My, you don't ask for much, do you? :)

There are extensive docs on the design of SiteMgr, but it doesn't include details for writing blocks. However, they aren't difficult. The calendar block is a tough example since I did some black magic to make the calendar calls and reformat the html that was returned before outputting the block.

Basically, a block is just a piece of PHP code that is included at an appropriate time. All it needs to do is create a $content variable. That's it. Whatever is in the $content variable becomes the content of the block. So anything you can do with PHP or PHPGW you can do in a block.

There are a number of blocks that can be downloaded from postnuke.org and phpnuke.org. Those that don't make database calls will probably work.

Stay tuned for a section of the phpgroupware.org web site with SiteMgr information, downloads, etc. Probably get that going this weekend.

..Patrick (mr_e)

--On Wednesday, September 11, 2002 10:55 PM -0400,