Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] We cant continue to work like we do at the

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] We cant continue to work like we do at the moment
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:29:16 +0000

>It is ignorant if he had break something. He did not break anything and many
>users were happy about that feature. It was the right place for this kind of
>feature.
>I you reacted to harsh. If he did break anything, than it would have been
>the right reaction. But he just added a feature, many people where happy
>about and he did break nothing.
>If have such harsh rules, that we can't simply add some little features
>without discussing before, the fun of the project gets lost.
>Ralf also talked with Dave later about this, and agreed to move the code to
>the right place, after the will be some general js-handling functions in the
>api.

ah but he did break something, he broke policy, procedure, and the GPL.  You
may not
thing these things are important, but in a project of this size and visibility
they
are VERY important.

>Why can't we let this class in cvs until the gets cleared?

because it's a violation, you remove the violation then try to "fix" it.

>Toshiba did sponsor as a server for free. RedHat did sponsor us a RedHat
>Enterpriser distribution for free. Ralf had a chance to put this server for
>free into the internet. I had also a contact for getting this server online
>for free.

I don't know all the details, but I understand that the terms of these
sponserships
were not so well defined and allowed for Toshiba and/or RedHat to add "strings"
the deal at will, which I also understand they had already started doing.  These
"strings" were things that would make it difficult to use the server the way we
needed too.  I also understand that the deals were worked out outside of the
developers loop, much in the same way Dave did.

It seems the bottom line is that there needs a lot more talk like "what I'm
going to
do" and some waiting to make sure everyone else is behind the plan.