Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] We cant continue to work like we do at the

From: Reiner Jung
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] We cant continue to work like we do at the moment
Date: 26 Aug 2003 02:22:28 +0200

Am Mon, 2003-08-25 um 19.36 schrieb Dan Kuykendall:
> Reiner Jung wrote:
>
> >Conclusion:
> >
> >Come down to the roots, to make a open source groupware project.
> >Have respect to other developers.
> >Work together and not against each other.
> >Stop the political discussions about FSF, GPL, LGPL ...
> >

> Have you ever read the GPL/LGPL and what the FSF has to say?
> We are licensed under the GPL/LGPL for a reason. Those licenses are
> political by nature and are generally described as "Social Contracts"
> more than legal ones.
>
> Dan

Maybe you read the license from cool projects/people like BSD/Theo de
Raadt ( www.openbsd.org )
This is really free software.

Is OpenBSD really free?
OpenBSD is all free. The binaries are free. The source is free. All
parts of OpenBSD have reasonable copyright terms permitting free
redistribution. This includes the ability to REUSE most parts of the
OpenBSD source tree, either for personal or commercial purposes. OpenBSD
includes NO further restrictions other than those implied by the
original BSD license. Software which is written under stricter licenses
cannot be included in the regular distribution of OpenBSD. This is
intended to safeguard the free use of OpenBSD. For example, OpenBSD can
be freely used for personal use, for academic use, by government
institutions, by non-profit making organizations and by commercial
organizations.

For further reading on other popular licenses read:
http://www.openbsd.org/policy.html.

The maintainers of OpenBSD support the project largely from their own
pockets. This includes the time spent programming for the project,
equipment used to support the many ports, the network resources used to
distribute OpenBSD to you, and the time spent answering questions and
investigating users' bug reports. The OpenBSD developers are not
independently wealthy and even small contributions of time, equipment,
and resources make a big difference.