[phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Setup broken?

From: Lars
Subject: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Setup broken?
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 02:40:03 -0700 (MST)

Benoit HAMET wrote on Tue, 26 January 2010 09:48
> Nope. So I'm interested in your setup configuration apache version, php
> version, *sql version, etc ... So I can try to reproduce them.

It's a debian squeeze system. Currently it is running:
Apache: 2.2.14
PHP: 5.2.12-2
MySQL: 5.1.41-3

I'm not yet sure, but I suggest, there was something wrong with filesystem
permissions (users directory out of webroot not writeable) and will check that.
IF this was the (main) problem, I think we should add a check if this directory
is writeable..

I guess the missing translations for german can be fixed at a later date.

Benoit HAMET
> Welcome on the project. As maat says, the official devs are in trunk. We
> will be merging some of Sigurd tree's fixes as soon as we can test them.

Thank you!

Sigurd, I tested your code now. With correct filesystem permissions.. ;)

The setup worked flawless. It's a bit confusing, but I experienced no errors.
I'd like to play around with it to make it easier.

After the setup there are some errors. Like:
!Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in
/path/to/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.browser.inc.php at line 55

 #0     createObject(calendar.uicalendar)
[/path/to/phpgroupware/index.php:88]
#1      call_user_func(phpgwapi_object_factory::createObject,
calendar.uicalendar, _UNDEF_...)
[/path/to/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/common_functions.inc.php:243]
#2      phpgwapi_object_factory::createObject(calendar.uicalendar, _UNDEF_,...)
[unknown:?]
#3      uicalendar->uicalendar()
[/path/to/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.object_factory.inc.php:90]
#4      createObject(phpgwapi.browser)
[/path/to/phpgroupware/calendar/inc/class.uicalendar.inc.php:104]
#5      call_user_func(phpgwapi_ofphpgwapi::createObject, phpgwapi.browser,
_UNDEF_,...)
[/path/to/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/common_functions.inc.php:243]
#6      phpgwapi_ofphpgwapi::createObject(phpgwapi.browser, _UNDEF_,...)
[unknown:?]
#7      phpgwapi_object_factory::createObject(phpgwapi.browser, _UNDEF_, ...)
[/path/to/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.ofphpgwapi.inc.php:86]
#8      phpgwapi_browser->__construct()
[/path/to/phpgroupware/phpgwapi/inc/class.object_factory.inc.php:90]
 when I click on the calendar.

BTW: We should try to replace "/path/to/phpgroupware" with the real thing. I
first thought this was an error when trying to find the real path.. ;) It's
also not very helping when you have two or more installations of phpgroupware.

Now I need to know, with which code I should start when playing with the setup.
Sigurds or the official? Merging the two might be a good idea too.. I'll have a
look, try some diffs and more and then see if I can merge the two before
changing it's functionality.

Regards,

Lars.

Sent from the phpGroupWare forums @ forums.phpGroupWare.org