RE: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Setup broken?

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: RE: [phpGroupWare-developers] Re: Setup broken?
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:40:35 +0100 (MET)

Try now...(after a svn up)

> BTW: We should try to replace "/path/to/phpgroupware" with the real thing. I
> first thought this was an error when trying to find the real path.. ;) It's
> also not very helping when you have two or more installations of phpgroupware.

Updated: if you are admin - you will get the "real thing"

> Now I need to know, with which code I should start when playing with the
> setup. Sigurds or the official? Merging the two might be a good idea too..
> I'll have a look, try some diffs and more and then see if I can merge the two
> before changing it's functionality.

Some while ago - someone dumped an untested monsterpatch into trunk which more
or less broke the system.

All intended improvements from that patch has been refined, tested and fixed
over the two last years in my version.

imho: The official trunk has fallen badly behind - the shortest route would be
to keep the old trunk for reference and start over with my version as the new
trunk.

If one really wants to keep the current trunk - I think the best option would
be to revert to the state before the monsterpatch - and then try to merge in
improvements one by one.

Regards

Sigurd