Re: [Protux-devel] Mustache 0.1.0

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Mustache 0.1.0
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 00:53:19 +0100

On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 21:32:23 +0000
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I wrote a first mustux-config and a mustux.m4 macro. They are not really
> > finished yet, but the will allow applications using libmustux to easily
> > check if libmustux is installed and to check it's version.
>
> how to use it ??

mustux-config:
gets installed under $prefix/bin/ supports 4 options:
 --prefix
   gives the prefix with which mustux was installed
 --version
   gives the version
 --libs
   gives the required libs to link with libmustux
 --cflags
   gives the required cflags to compile with libmustux

normally you don't need to run it yourself, but it is used by the mustux.m4
macro

mustux.m4:
gets installed under $prefix/share/aclocal/ and provides the macro
AC_PATH_MUSTUX(required-version[,ACTION-IF-FOUND[,ACTION-IF-NOT-FOUND]])
so it will be possible to use for example
AC_PATH_MUSTUX(0.16.3)
in the configure.ac file, and it will check if mustux.h and libmustux.so are
there (it even compiles a mini mustux application to test if they work), and if
the version is at least 0.16.3 (for this it uses mustux-config --version).
If everything is ok it will set the $MUSTUX_LIBS and $MUSTUX_CXXFLAGS
containing the infos given by mustux-config --libs and mustux-config --cflags.
The problem is still that this macro needs the $QT_LIBS and $QT_CXXFLAGS to be
set to be able to test libmustux. But i'll work on a new macro for testing if
QT is installed correctly, and that will set these variables (and also $QT_MOC).

/Martin

--
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch

Martin Herren                             +41 (0)79 746 57 83
OpenPGP Public key @ http://www.on-the-web.ch/sputnik/gpg.asc