Re: [Protux-devel] New implementations in ProjectManager

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] New implementations in ProjectManager
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 00:16:35 +0100

On Sun, 05 Jan 2003 23:54:25 +0100
address@hidden (booker) wrote:
> Okay, here comes two problems I have....
>
> 1: when trying to delete a project (one file was imported) this errors happen:
>         LEAVING Project (DESTRUCTOR)
>
> *** Error in int ProjectManager::remove_recursively(QString)
> failed to remove
/home/booker/protuxprojects/test2/song_2/audiosources/st_441_minus9dBfs_plus6dBu.WAV:

> you don't have write access to it

what does
ls -l
/home/booker/protuxprojects/test2/song_2/audiosources/st_441_minus9dBfs_plus6dBu.WAV
give ? There seem to be write permissions problems...
The following errors are normal: when a file can't be removed, then the
directories can't be removed either

> 2: I can delete the 'Untitled' project, but it's  risen from the dead after
> restarting protux ;-)

yeah, when starting protux, it looks if there is an 'Untitled' project, if
there is one, it opens it, if there is none, it creates one !
One day the feature 'open last project' will be implemented... until then it
always starts with an 'Untitled'
But that's not really the same project as you deleted: if the deleted project
contained audio data, the new 'Untitled' is again empty.

Martin

--
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch

Martin Herren                             +41 (0)79 746 57 83
OpenPGP Public key @ http://www.on-the-web.ch/sputnik/gpg.asc