Re: [Protux-devel] New implementations in ProjectManager

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] New implementations in ProjectManager
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 08:14:31 +0100

On Sun, 05 Jan 2003 22:23:26 +0000
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:

> > i think it's better to call it from within the ProjectManager, as nothing
> > prevents the user to keep the ProjectManager open and starting playing or
> > recording... And this enables to be more selectif about which action in PM
> > is allowed while playing/recording and which not.
>
> User shouldnt be able to perform ANY jmb action with the PM open ... so I
> still suggest to block it
> on jmb_process_action
>
> anyway , PM is a dialog, so you loose the focus when it is open, then you
> cant start a play/rec

no, i worked a lot keeping PM open and playing and recording songs... worked
fine if you don't load/create while playing/recording

If you want that no jmb action can be performed while PM open, you'll have to
make the dialog modal:
 - give bool modal = true as third argument to the PM constructor
 - give it also to the QDialog constructor
 - give the Interface as the parent to QDialog ;-)
but i don't think that's a good idea. I prefer that the PM checks the song's
status, and decides if it can perform the requested command or not.

by the way, i'd like to be able to close the PM using <ESC>, as well as the
other windows...

/Martin

--
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch

Martin Herren                             +41 (0)79 746 57 83
OpenPGP Public key @ http://www.on-the-web.ch/sputnik/gpg.asc