Re: [Protux-devel] Open Task

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Open Task
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:09:10 +0200

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:05:03 -0400
Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:
> it would be a good idea if I could something like
>
> praf audio.praf | oggenc -b 320 -o audio.ogg
>
> is it too dificult ? does oggenc support reading from stdin ?

$man oggenc
oggenc reads audio data in either raw, WAV, or AIFF format and  encodes
it  into  an  Ogg  Vorbis  stream.  If the input file "-" is specified,
audio data is read from stdin and the Vorbis stream is written to  std-
out  unless  the -o option is used to redirect the output

so yes, it is possible. We should just define the name of the option to have
praf write to stdout.
In addition using '-' as input file name should have praf read from stdin.

/Martin

--
Martin Herren

Protux - A Free Professional Audio Tool for GNU/Linux:
-> http://www.nongnu.org/protux/
Satellite - BAR CONCERTS CAFES-THEATRES
-> http://sat.epfl.ch