Re: [Protux-devel] Bugs?

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Bugs?
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 18:11:16 -0400

Did you remove the  peak manually ?

protux is not prepared to handle this situation, that's why it is crashing.

If you want a good  challenge, you could try to make peak generation run in a
separated thread.
Like in Vegas. If any class->recreate detects that there is no peak for a given
Audio, it will show

BUILDING PEAKS , in the clips;

mean while, a thread starts to generate (or regenerate) the peaks.

When the peaks are available (you can create a boolean flag for it), recreate
is called to redraw the peaks.

I suggest that you let it for later. By now, you can only detect if peak is
available, and in case it is not, show something like.
"PEAKS NOT AVAILABLE" on the clips..

Dont add this to BUGLIST or on savannah, since it always crashed in such
situation. It is a matter of improvement, not bug.