[Protux-devel] Peak building/drawing question

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Protux-devel] Peak building/drawing question
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 18:11:27 +0200

Hi all,

I made (as you know) some optimizations to the peak build process.
But I have a few questions:

1. In macro view, only the upper side of the waveform is painted. I inverted
the negative part of the waveform, so it is painted at the upper side of the
x-axis. But this is NOT the actual waveform. If it is not converted, but set
to zero, it looks like if there is no signal, which is of course not true.
The question is: should the negative values be painted at the upper side of
the x-axis, or set to zero?

2. The other question isn't a quesion actually :).
The peak files are much to large (about 1/8 of the actual audioFileSize). I
changed the primitive type, so the peak buffers are now made with "char"
instead of "short", reducing the peakfile and buffersize with a factor 2.
If there are no objections to this change, I will upload it within a few
hours. Peakfiles made with an older version of the peak build proces do not
work then anymore. Simply delete them, so they are regenerated. (Well, that
should be the case).

Thanks,

Remon