Re: [Protux-devel] Peak building/drawing question

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Peak building/drawing question
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:19:16 +0200

Hi,

Sorry if I sometimes type something without a clue , my English isn't always
as good as it should be :(.

But indeed, the thing is: represent a peak with a char, not a short.
I measured it on my monitor (17") to see if the resolution will become a
problem, but it is very unlikely that a peak will be greater then possible
resolution of a char. (unless you have a monitor >> 25" :) )

I changed the routine for "fill_buffer" in a way it accepts char's instead of
short, and recalculated the factorising of the drawing process. It works fine
here, get the same peak drawings.

I'll upload it now, so you can test it. In any case, it should NOT be slower.
(as there is less data to be processed, it should be faster due less memory
resource consumption / swapping ??)

Remon