Re: [Protux-devel] ProjectManager: AudioSources

From: rsff
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] ProjectManager: AudioSources
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:06:00 -0300

Hi Remon,

> >EXCEPT the ones that are currently in a Protux Song.
>
> ? But they _are_ always in a Song? Or didn't I still get the point?

It would work basically like this: I have a song that I'm recording, and
it has a Clarinet and a Bass. I record the Bass player first, and he's
really good, he does only 1 take.

Then I record the Clarinet player, and first take he has a problem with
his clarinet, but it sounded reasonably good. So we decide to keep the
take. Call this Take1.

Then we do a second take, and he misses a note, but its more in tune
than Take1. Call this Take2.

We do a third take, and he gets all the notes, but there are some small
problems with the speed he is playing (we call that tempos.)  Call this
Take3.

Protux does not delete any of the takes we used (so we have 3 takes,
ordered in a stack order, Take 1 is at the bottom,  and Take3 is the one
on top, the one we hear when we press play.) Protux allows us to change
the order in this Stack, so we can hear the possible results (3 total
possible results).

Suppose now that we chose Take2 as the final take. We can go do the FS
dialog box, and erase the other 2 takes we don't use (Take1 and Take3).
Now, if I allow protux to erase every take, we run the risk of loosing
the one we chose. That is why, IMHO, the "Delete Take" buttons shouldn't
allow you do delete Takes that are currently in the top of the stack.
That is what I meant by being in the song.

Now, should we choose to listen to the 3 possibilities to make this
choice, then the Render Button would ask you which take you would like
to use when you render the song.

still RFC.
Fabio.
PS: Luciano, is it really necessary to have a special Protux recording
mode to have the "MultiTake" ability in Protux? I don't think it is...

rsff <address@hidden>