[Protux-devel] Re: PM: play_thread

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Protux-devel] Re: PM: play_thread
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:36:11 +0200

Oops, send it to the wrong emailadress, sorry. Here it is for protux-devel :-)

Hi Luciano,

I've looked better to your changes in play_thread (th_preListen) but I had
something in mind which don't work anymore now with some of your
modifications :-(

By using pthread_exit() the state of the "play/stop" buttons is almost
undifined. The reason I didn't use pthread_exit(), was that at the end of the
thread the buttons state are restored, or if the thread can't play the file,
it simply terminates and automatically stores the state of the buttons.
Now you have to do it all by hand by each pthread_exit() call.

But after using it for a while, I think the following will be very easy:

Use for _all_ play/stop buttons the same state. So if in "audioSources tab" a
prelisten is started, then _all_ play buttons in PM should change status to
"stop". So when a user changes tab, he/she can easily stop sound/start a new
one.
Same with the comming checkboxes/combobox/GlobalProperties: "start playing a
file as soon as you select it, or stop it if you deselect it or start the
newly selected one" settings/behaviour.

RFC on this please,

Thank you very much

Remon