[Protux-devel] Changes on version progression

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: [Protux-devel] Changes on version progression
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 10:36:10 +0000

Hi,
This is to let you know that I am changing the way the release numbers will be
counted from 0.20 on

the smallest number (0.42."x") wil be used only if we found a very critical bug
that must not wait the next release. So protux sequence will be more or less
like this :
0.30.0
0.31.0
0.31.1 (this has a critical fix on 0.31.0)
0.32.0
0.33.0
0.34.0
0.34.1 (this has a critical fix on 0.31.1)
0.34.2 (this has a critical fix on 0.31.2)
0.35.0
0.36.0
.
.
.

the "big points" will be 0.30.0 , 0.40, 0.50, and so on, bein each range
considered a "phase" (we are in the 4th phase right now, 0.20-0.30 will be 5th,
and so on

protux will not follow libmustux numbers any more. libmustux numbers will be
simpler and the releases will be done less often, to keep the api as frozen as
possible.
The 2nd reason is that I plan (really) to work more on Mustache, and there will
be no number sync between them.

so libmustux will follow more or less like this   0.20 ... 0.30... 0.40... and
so on .

The smaller numbers (like 0.21, 0.22...) will be reserved for critical fixes
and stabilization.

So there will be possible to have protux 0.42.0, say, onto libmustux 0.30...

We will put on the website the minimum libmustux version required for each new
protux released.

RFC on all these please, and remeber this will be valid only after 0.20

Thanks

--
Best Regards