Re: [Protux-devel] Changes on version progression

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Changes on version progression
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 14:10:56 +0000

> I'm recording with 16 bits bitdepth, so all the audioSources are 16 bits.
> But alsa only let me play files on my soundcard with "words", thus 32 bits.
> The only thing which has to be done to play 16 bit files on my soundcard
> (in "hw" mode) , is to put those 16 bit samples in 32 bits, the remaining
> 16 bits are just zero. Hopefully I'm not mistaken, but well this should
> work from what I've read so far.....
> This doesn't require a big change, and gives users with more or less
> professional audio cards the opportunity to use protux with more robust
> alsa settings.

calm down Remon, lets finish 0.20 and keep our plan :-)
your idea is a good trick, but not the correct way to do that. there are
validations, checks, data structures, castings, many things to consider..
I have plans for this, trust me.  For now, try to use plughw. Is that possible ?

Everybody knows protux is "still under heavy development". It doesnt
HAVE to attend all situations now , hehe