pspp-users

Re: Spanish Edition

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Spanish Edition
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 14:33:45 -0700

Eliana <address@hidden> writes:

> On 3/14/12, John Darrington <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 08:06:17AM -0800, Eliana wrote:
>>
>> In fact there is a spanish translation (I presume Spanish is what Ramon
>> wanted).  You can see a current list of all available translations and
>> how complete they are at http://translationproject.org/domain/pspp.html
>
> Wow!  Since the search engines do not seem to have gotten the point,
> let me say here for the benefit of others looking for foreign language
> versions,  that the above page has links to add ons (is that the right
> word?) that will generate PSPP's error messages in Brazilian
> Portuguese,  Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Lithuanian , Slovenian,
> and Spanish.
>
> But where does someone go to find out how to install these and get
> them recognized by PSPP?

These are distributed and installed as part of PSPP itself.
Normally, no special action is necessary to select a particular
translation.  Instead, PSPP will adopt whatever language your
operating system is already configured for (assuming that it has
been translated into that language).

There seems to be some problem with this on Windows.  If you (or
anyone else) has a solution to the problem, please pass it along
and we will apply it to the PSPP tree.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org