pspp-users

Re: Re: Spanish Edition (was: PSPP-BUG: Request for help...)

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Re: Spanish Edition (was: PSPP-BUG: Request for help...)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 23:24:24 +0100

Hi eliana

>On 3/14/12, John Darrington <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 08:06:17AM -0800, Eliana wrote:
>>
>> In fact there is a spanish translation (I presume Spanish is what Ramon
>> wanted).  You can see a current list of all available translations and
>> how complete they are at http://translationproject.org/domain/pspp.html
>
>Wow!  Since the search engines do not seem to have gotten the point,
>let me say here for the benefit of others looking for foreign language
>versions,  that the above page has links to add ons (is that the right
>word?) that will generate PSPP's error messages in Brazilian
>Portuguese,  Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Lithuanian , Slovenian,
>and Spanish.

No not only error messages , it is a complete translation of the software.

>But where does someone go to find out how to install these and get
>them recognized by PSPP?

It should be standard available and used in all package created after
the translation was made available. At least for the MSWindows and
openSUSE builds this is the case. I would be surprised if this is not
the fact for other versions.
Installing a recent version of the package is sufficient.

On https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=pspp

>Also, should
>I also open a bug report with suggestions about improving search
>engine awareness of the foreign language versions?  There needs to be
>some mention of the other languages on the home page.

The only problem is that people use older versions of the software.
Translations are included in the source and in the recent packages so
everybody gets it automatic. If wanted everybody can create an
translation for her/his native language and upload it to the
translation project. (However you have to sign a paper first)

>Also, the link on the PSPP home page that goes to a Blog in "en"
>actually leads me to what I think is the Brazilian Portuguese version
>of the blog.
>
>Is that 3 bug reports?
>
>Eliana

Have fun