[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GenArtWare, toolset f

From: zblace
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GenArtWare, toolset for prosuming generative art/media
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 21:24:14 -0400

Zeljko Blace <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: GenArtWare, toolset for prosuming generative art/media
System name: genartware
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

GenArtWare is a project of producing several applications that are supposed to
(dis)play, author and transcode generative media content.
This primarly stands for music and sound (as a free alternative to commercial
Koan engine from SSEYO), but also for visual arts like graphics, 3D and video.
With this software and standard that we hope to establish we would liketo
introduce new qualities to the media art (be it music, video, graphics or
interactive computer art). These are primarly variability and generativity of
media (meaning symplified being able to play the material differently every
time ... without actuall change of the musical score or visual composition).
It does not exist yet but Multimedia Institute is working on it.