Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GenArtWare, tools

From: Zeljko Blace
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GenArtWare, toolset for prosuming generative art/media
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:10:20 +0200 (MEST)

>    Regarding integration of third party software (CSound etc..) you
> must be extra careful that it is released under a license compatible
> with
> the GNU GPL and that licensing terms are properly applied. You need to
> do this if you integrate (different from depending on another program in
> the sense that you copy the program into yours instead of depending on
> it for runtime).

I am well awear of this and I would also very much like to stay in contact
with people who are well informed of the legal constrains/posibilities in
terms of both US and European law practices... Can you suggest me who to
contact directly for advices?
I would also like to put out that project is
sponsored (or supported by FSF and GNU.org) in both IT and legal services.
Can I do this on the frontpage of the project?

>          It is reasonable to start as a single project as long as the
> third party software integrated into your project is not large. If it
> becomes large it will be a problem for project management and for
> Savannah administration (we currently do not host GNU/Linux
> distributions
> for this reason). When and if your project grows you will have to split
> it into different Savannah projects.

Sure. but I don't expect to reach this limit in next 2 years for sure!

>          The resulting fragmentation will not be a problem. You can
> easily
> glue all the projects together via web pages. Savannah is really a
> backend
> storage and development tool. Glue between projects is best done thru a
> web site that points to the relevant CVS / tasks / bugs pages on
> Savannah.
>
> So you can re-register your project with statement relative to the
> things we talked about.

Can you just advise me what are the ACTUAL changes that I have to make
to this new application?
I would lik eto start using it as quickly as
possible so wanna do the application write this time.

Best, Zeljko