Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Timetable evaluation]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Timetable evaluation]
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 04:47:28 -0400

    > Is there any reason not to accept his package as a non-GNU package?

    He did not show us the source code. I had some e-mail exchange with him
(see a
    transcript attached) but I did not manage to see his code to try to
    figure out what the program does and whether it is really free.

How strange of him.  Perhaps he did not understand what you
were asking for--it may be that his English is somewhat limited.

    Regarding the review of the source code, should we change our current policy
    of requesting for a copy of the current source code?

That is a reasonable thing to ask for.  I don't think you should change it.

What I suggest is that you start a practice of recontacting the person
again when he fails to respond.  You could use our reminder system to
automate this; that way, it will be easy.  You could say, "We were
talking about putting your project on Savannah.  We're still waiting
for some information from you so that we can make the decision.  We
want to see the source code so we can verify you're using a license
that we support.  Would you like to send the source code now?"