[Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Timetable evaluation]

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Timetable evaluation]
Date: 16 Apr 2003 12:28:47 +0200

> automate this; that way, it will be easy.  You could say, "We were
> talking about putting your project on Savannah.  We're still waiting
> for some information from you so that we can make the decision.  We
> want to see the source code so we can verify you're using a license
> that we support.  Would you like to send the source code now?"

We already could say "We're still waiting for some information from
you so that we can make the decision.  We  want to see the source code
so we can verify you're using a license that we support.  Would you
like to send the source code now?"

However, the problem remains the same: if a person do not receive our
mail, the only way for us to know it is a new mail from him.

(But usually, when a mail does not reach his destination, the
mailer-daemon return details to the sender.)

Also, on the front-page, we show the number of pending
registrations. If it's 0 and a person still does not received an
answer for his registration, there is an obvious problem and he should
tell us. Maybe we should add a note about that.

There is not much benefit in duplicating database management by
a ticket system here, I think. Note that every project registration
discarded is logged, with a timestamp and a comment.
See /var/log/sv_register_discard on subversions.

And independantly of how good or bad we speak english, we receive
positive comments on savannah more oftenly than negative comments. The
language is not necessarily a Wall. (I wonder if someone is able to
point out a registration on Savannah that completely failed because of
language)