[Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Timetable evaluation]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Timetable evaluation]
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:56:02 -0400

    And independantly of how good or bad we speak english, we receive
    positive comments on savannah more oftenly than negative comments. The
    language is not necessarily a Wall. (I wonder if someone is able to
    point out a registration on Savannah that completely failed because of
    language)

In this case, his English is not so good; he could have misunderstood
the message he was sent, even if the message was perfectly correct English.

A policy of sending a repeat message after 2 weeks could help overcome
this sort of problem.  The repeat message would have different
wording, which means he gets two chances to understand.  Also, the
mere fact of repetition will show him that you have not rejected him
(if that's what he thinks).

Rudy wrote:

    I do not think we should run after them.  We already give them
    resources to develop their software and we only ask that their
    software is free software and does not rely on non free software.

    If someone wants to use our resources, they should make the effort to
    comply with our requirements.

We should not "run after" people to get them to use Savannah.
But it makes sense to make a little effort to contact people
who may have misunderstood the requirements.