[Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Timetable evaluation]

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Timetable evaluation]
Date: 15 Apr 2003 14:48:14 +0200

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> said:

> Is there any reason not to accept his package as a non-GNU package?
>
> (Why is it that you have not responded to him yet?  I would like to
> think about whether our system should be changed.)

*Yes*, there is a reason not to accept his package, as this person
apparently didn't at all respected the registration procedure.

The description of his project is inexistant and no tarball was
provided, despite the fact it's explicitely asked.

He added as comment that he "already sent this project for evaluation
for inclusion in the gnu project", but that's a different issue, as
Jaime Villate told him.

Jaime Villate discarded his registration Fri Feb  7 17:04:25 EST 2003.
A mail was sent to this person, archived:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2003-02/msg00167.html

Maybe this mail was lost (it happens), the easier way is to ask us.

The Free Software directory is a different service.

So Richard, there are reasons. This person have to submit his project
the way 1295 persons submitted others projects. No big deal.

But if you are unconfident on us, maybe "our system should be
changed".