Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah Projects Approval

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah Projects Approval
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:26:46 -0400

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 08:23 pm, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would still be pleased if we would get approval of acceptance of the
> pvpgn project on savannah.
>
> thx
> pandaemonium
>
> Am Tue, 20 Jul 2004 04:36:37 +0200 schrieb Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>:
> > The previous e-mail return address was incorrectly set.
> > Please reply to this message or use address@hidden
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> >> Dear Savannah Users,
> >>  We are pleased to announce that we are now able to accept new projects
> >> at Savannah again. It took us a long while to build a secure
> >> environnement, as well as a gathering additional volunteers to study
> >> and maintain it.
> >>  Some of you submitted your projects a long time ago and probably tried
> >> another service by now. If you wish, we would be glad to help you move
> >> to Savannah; if you don't, please let us know. We will keep pending
> >> projects during one month, waiting for your reply.
> >>  On the contrary, if you registered recently, keep in mind that we just
> >> started processing the projects submissions queue chronologically, so
> >> expect a longer delay.
> >>  Feel free to write to us at address@hidden if you have any
> >> questions.
> >>  -- The Savannah Team

The following files are GPL incompatible, due to their license:

        compat/inet_aton.c
        compat/inet_aton.h

For more information, please read: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/bsd.html
Perhaps you could find a GPL'd version of these files?

I also noticed these files lack the required GPL header:

        bnetd/storage_cdb.h
        bnetd/storage_sql.h
        bnetd/sql_mysql.c
        bnetd/sql_mysql.h
        bnetd/storage_file.h
        bnetd/sql_pgsql.c
        bnetd/sql_pgsql.h
        bnetd/sql_dbcreator.h
        common/fdwatch_kqueue.h
        common/fdwatch_select.h
        common/w3xp_protocol.h
        common/anongame_protocol.h
        common/sha.h
        common/fdwatch_epoll.h
        common/fdwatch_poll.h
        common/d2char_file.h
        common/sha1.c
        common/version.h
        compat/nls.h
        compat/snprintf.h
        d2cs/handle_signal.h
        d2dbd/handle_signal.h
        win32/service_d2cs.c
        win32/service.c
        win32/service.h
        win32/service_d2dbs.c

Finally, the files you included in zlib/ lack the needed zlib license
(http://www.gzip.org/zlib/zlib_license.html).

After you fix these problems and provide us with a new tarball, containing the
fixes, your project can be accepted.  Until then, your project will remain
pending.

Michael J. Flickinger