Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah Projects Approval

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah Projects Approval
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:07:44 -0400

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 03:43:05PM +0200, Iv?n Garc?a Alcaide wrote:

> Sources will be available to be compiled and run by anyone with its
> favorite suite. I will follos Java Sun Specification described in J2SDK
> and the libraries I will use are original form Apache Jakarta Project. I

These libraries are Free Software, right?

> can not ensure that GNU Java projects are complete enough to have
> implemented those specifications but I if not, I'm sure they will (at
> least I hope so).

As long as your project can be run with a Free implementation Java
then it's ok.

> Anyway my intention is to test it and if something is not working
> properly with GNU Java projects I'll do my best to collaborate with the
> appropriate project.

Thank you, but we have to point out that so long your project requires
non free software, we can't host it on Savannah.

Can you be more clearer about this?

Thanks

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms