Re[2]: [Simulavr-devel] Documentation requirements

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re[2]: [Simulavr-devel] Documentation requirements
Date: Mon Aug 19 01:46:01 2002

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

:):) >And BTW - if u haven't X installed - u'll have troublems with
:):) >simulavr-disp. It
:):) >is invoked in hard-coded (in file display.c) xterm. no way :)
:):) >I've patched this to move xterm exec from display.c into shell wrapper
that
:):) >invoke either xterm or openvt in console enviroment.
:):)
:):) Yes I was kinda thinking there would be something else that would pop up,
:):) thanks for the hint!
:)
:)The latest cvs version should have this handled already with the -X
:)option. ;-)

Sorry to reply to myself here, but after another review of the message...

QMax, you should be able use your shell wrapper with the -X option without
any problem as long as execlp() can find the wrapper.

There's no compelling reason for the xterm to be the default behaviour
(other than I like it that way ;-) for the disp program. It would be trivial
to change the code such the no_xterm is the default and the -X option
enables the disp program in an xterm. I can see that that might be
preferrable for the use of an arbitrary disp program the user might wish to
use. I'm not going to change it unless I hear some noise though. ;-)

As for the configure requiring X (via tetex), I'm looking into that right
now...

Ted Roth