binary install

From: Doug Donalson;
Subject: binary install
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 17:18:34 -0700 (PDT)

Marcus,

   I got your file and installed it in  another directory.
I then copied my swarmapps-1.1 dir + all subdirs to the proper
place and changed the makefile for my sim to point to the new
swarmhome.  As per the readme I then compiled.  Note that my
previous binary install got past this point.  Here is a typical
object response to the compile:

AphytisObserverSwarm.m:297: warning: `EZGraph' does not respond to
`setTitle:'
AphytisObserverSwarm.m:298: warning: `EZGraph' does not respond to
`setAxisLabelsX:Y:'
AphytisObserverSwarm.m:299: warning: `EZGraph' does not respond to
`createEnd'
AphytisObserverSwarm.m:301: warning: `EZGraph' does not respond to
`enableDestroyNotification:notificationMethod:'
AphytisObserverSwarm.m:304: warning: `EZGraph' does not respond to
`createSequence:withFeedFrom:andSelector:'
AphytisObserverSwarm.m:307: warning: `EZGraph' does not respond to
`createSequence:withFeedFrom:andSelector:'
AphytisObserverSwarm.m: In function `_i_AphytisObserverSwarm___update_':
AphytisObserverSwarm.m:319: warning: `Object2dDisplay' does not respond
to `display'
AphytisObserverSwarm.m:324: warning: `Object2dDisplay' does not respond
to `display'
AphytisObserverSwarm.m:329: warning: `Object2dDisplay' does not respond
to `display'
AphytisObserverSwarm.m:334: warning: `Object2dDisplay' does not respond
to `display'
AphytisObserverSwarm.m:338: warning: `EZGraph' does not respond to `step'
AphytisObserverSwarm.m:340: warning: `EZGraph' does not respond to `step'
AphytisObserverSwarm.m:342: warning: `EZGraph' does not respond to `step'

There is a lot more where that came from.  I changed my tcl and tk
environment settings ( even though the other bin install didn't care)
and re-sourced.  Still no fix.  I also tried compilling swarm as I
have done that in the other install, no luck.

Do you have a clue?  By the way, heatbugs has the same problem now.

Cheers?

   D3

* Doug Donalson                          * Office: (805) 893-2962         *
* Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology * Home:   (805) 961-4447         *
* UC Santa Barbara                       * email address@hidden
* Santa Barbara Ca. 93106                *                                *
*   The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that             *
*   heralds new discoveries, is not "EUREKA" (I have found it) but        *
*   "That's funny ...?"                                                   *
*       Isaac Asimov                                                      *