Re: Installation

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Installation
Date: 09 May 1998 17:21:48 -0700

ZI> I am trying to install the binary version of swarm-1.1 on solaris.

All you should need to do is gunzip/untar the binary distribution, point
your app to it (either by hacking its Makefile or setting the SWARMHOME
environment variable), and run `make'.

ZI> However in Makefile.conf it says:

### OTHERLIBDIRS needs to be set so Swarm can find X11, Tcl, Tk, BLT,
###   tclobjc, and objc libs. Note: we use the file libtcl.a, not libtcl7.4.a
###   Insure that libtcl.a is really tcl7.4, libtk.a is really tk4.0.

This relates to source builds.  The comment is obsolete; I've now
updated it.  Thanks.

ZI> When it comes to changing the variables OTHERINCDIRS,
ZI> OTHERLIBDIRS in Makefile.conf can they point to multiple
ZI> places?

Certainly (but, again, this is for a source build).