RE: Re: could not compile swarm on Win95 - PERMISSION DENIED

From: Parviez Hosseini
Subject: RE: Re: could not compile swarm on Win95 - PERMISSION DENIED
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 10:54:10 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry if this has been said before, but I've only been following this
loosely, and some of the conversation seems to have been private.

I had to chmod my files on windows -- what was useful for me was -R flag.
Have you tried chmod -R u+rwx *. This gives the user all permissions, and
operates recursively through directories, so try to be as high up as you
need. Since Win95 files stored on Unix machines seem to always default to
rwx permissions, even for textfiles, this seems safe to do to non-swarm
Win95 files, unless you have specific files you don't want written, etc.

-Parviez