Re: Swarm for Windows Spin Control! (Re: Swarm 2.1 available

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Swarm for Windows Spin Control! (Re: Swarm 2.1 available
Date: 17 Mar 2000 09:26:20 -0800

PJ> On my system, I already
PJ> have Emacs 20.6 (one notch newer than the swarm cd), so I do not
PJ> install the Swarm Emacs and I have to get the jde from its web
PJ> site and install it like a regular emacs package.  Then I have to
PJ> tailor my .emacs file so it knows where to find my copy of the
PJ> jde.  (Actually, I used that spiffy "customize" think in the emacs
PJ> help menu).

Yeah, there is nothing special about the Emacs we are distributing.
It's stock FSF Emacs.  Further, the binaries for everything
else distributed with Swarm is stock sources right down the line, with
a few exceptions like common patches needed for GCC for the Cygwin
(Mumit Khan distributes them), patches desirable for Objective C (that
we distribute), a few patches to the linker and dlltool for Objective
C issue which were modifications we made back with 2.0.1 as well.
I updated the Tcl/Tk sources (Cygnus' version) to get them in sync
with new dllimport/export compiler attributes.  I think Cygnus didn't
bump in to this yet (with their pending net release), because their
not rebuilding everything (e.g. the last binary snapshot I saw the
Tcl/Tk DLLs were byte-for-byte the same as with the B20 release).