Re: interface declaration

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: interface declaration
Date: 20 Sep 2000 19:28:46 -0700

DC> Does this indicate that I have placed the #imports in such a way
DC> (perhaps redundantly in some cases), that they create an incorrect
DC> hierarchy of references?  Are there any elementary rules or
DC> guidelines that I can follow in straightening this out?

#import what is immediately required and nothing else.  There is no
harm in redundent #imports (which you may get when you import
something for the .m file that is already needed for the .h file),
since the point of #import is to avoid redundant inclusion.  Don't depend
on a header's (.h) imports to provide files for the implementation (.m).

Use #import <somefile.h> if there is a -I to the directory that has
somefile.h (e.g. Swarm include files) and #import "somefile.h" if it
is strictly a project file.  Be careful not to mix the two, since you
can get double includes that way.