Re: interface declaration

From: Daniel Calhoun
Subject: Re: interface declaration
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:47:13 -0700

Paul Johnson wrote:

> Watching this thread go bye:  I wondered if some of the unpredictability
> that Daniel is seeing is due to the failure to type "make clean" between
> builds.  If he tries it one way, it seems to work because some of the
> "o" files from a previous build are sitting around.  But when he edits
> the right "m" file, then the next make tries to rebuild that "o" file
> and it fails, as it should have before, but it didn't. If you know what
> I mean.  I have had this happen, especially when the dependencies in the
> Makefile are not totally complete.

This brings into the open my next lurking hunch.  Is there some hidden lore
(I dasn't say "unwritten," and "undocumented" is a no-no) about how the
relation of subclass to superclass should be reflected in the arrangements
of items in lists in Makefile?  I have indeed checked the models for
Makefile in Sugarscape and in DScreiber's Voting, without finding anything
obviously useful.  Is it more obvious than it appears?

And I really need to find out why the thing fails when in fact it "should".
Hopefully, and I'd really rather be grovelling in relief at this point.

-- Dan Calhoun