Re: interface declaration

From: Daniel Calhoun
Subject: Re: interface declaration
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 06:11:08 -0700

Marcus,

You wrote:

> #import what is immediately required and nothing else.  There is no
> harm in redundent #imports (which you may get when you import
> something for the .m file that is already needed for the .h file),
> since the point of #import is to avoid redundant inclusion.  Don't depend
> on a header's (.h) imports to provide files for the implementation (.m).

I have a couple or so follow-up questions:

1) Does the order in which #imports are entered make a difference to the
accessibility of the referred files?

2) In the extensive output that came from
  $ make EXTRACPPFLAGS=-E Band.o
is there any diagnostic mileage to be had from the order in which the
several  @interface
sections appear?  Should the section for a superclass have appeared before
the section for its subclass?

3) In the same output, is there anything to be inferred from the relative
placement of lines such as the following?

# 1 "Band.h" 1
# 4 "ModelSwarm.h" 2
# 1 "Council.h" 1
# 7 "Band.h" 2

I was in the process of doing a "final" clean-up of source code, for
posting, when this whole accessibility problem intervened.  Bah.

-- Dan Calhoun
address@hidden