Re: Do you program in Objective-C?

From: gepr
Subject: Re: Do you program in Objective-C?
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 18:33:18 -0800

Willi Richert writes:
 > another question from a swarm-newbie:
 > Swarm is coded in objc, but there is the possibility to program in Java.
 > What
 > is your experience? Is there some point, where every "true" swarm programmer
 > has to move to objc or will Java suffice for all cases one can thing about
 > in
 > swarm?

I *much* prefer Objective-C.  The reasons are not practical, however.
The only time a *user* must use Objective-C is if they want to
understand or contribute to the base code of swarm.  (Note that
I'm assuming you must read code to understand software... [grin]
I wouldn't want that point to slip by anyone, thereby losing my
chance to argue about it. ;-)

Java should suffice.  But, I would encourage anyone to use both.  The
insight that can be gained by using multiple languages and tools is
very invaluable.

--
glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 831.335.4950                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr