RE: Multithreading question

From: Darold Higa
Subject: RE: Multithreading question
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:55:22 -0800

Just for the record Apple announced a price drop yesterday, and in fact all of
their non-server desktops are already multiprocessor.

I usually stick to AMD processors for price:performance, but some friends at
Intel had their hands on the 3.06GHz chips prior to public release and were
pretty impressed (I think these are the first to fully implement HT).  That is
why I'm investigating my options.  I understand that Intel's HT will give some
boost in performance even if your application is a monolithic block since OS
tasks are partitioned off to one of the virtual processors.

I don't trust Dell, I usually build my own.  They tend to take shortcuts where
I don't want them to.

Thanks for the notice!

Darold Higa