Re: [Swarm-Support] development priorities (was Re: Membership inSwarm D

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] development priorities (was Re: Membership inSwarm Developmen Group)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:40:01 -0600

glen e. p. ropella wrote:
Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
The PS3 is an interesting value.  You can just use the PS3 as a 9
processor Linux machine.  Check it out:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com

So what?  There are many gadgets that have interesting value.  But, that
doesn't mean the SDG should spend the little energy it has on porting to
them.

We were laughing about this last week . My university has installed a "new" research computer for us. It is a Sun system running Solaris. THere are 2 processors, each at 1.1 GHZ. A scientist here suggested that we get a PS3 instead, and there was a great deal of enthusiasm about something on which we could play Areal Recon and Sole Survivor as well as run simulations.

pj

Professor, Political Science          http://pj.freefaculty.org
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504 University of Kansas Office: (785) 864-9086