Re: [Swarm-Support] development priorities (was Re: Membership inSwarm D

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] development priorities (was Re: Membership inSwarm Developmen Group)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:57:28 -0700

glen e. p. ropella wrote:

 Basically what Mono (http://www.go-mono.com)
or .NET does.   That way there could be a smooth transition to
autonomous development groups we'd get a way from the Objective C lock,

And it wasn't to "get away from" objective-c.  It was simply to support
our users.
Indeed, Objective C is not a commodity technology. As a platform this has meant time that could have gone into creating modeling features that didn't (instead struggling to make the compiler do what we needed). Some of this complexity was the Swarm project's doing (across personnel) and some of it was just the on again off again nature of Objective C, esp. at Apple. As an unusual language this meant confusion for users. Neither is desirable and users have said that.