Re: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic 0.46pre1

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic 0.46pre1
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:24:51 +0100

Am Di, den 18.11.2003 schrieb Richard Bos um 23:15:
> Sebastian,
>
> Op maandag 17 november 2003 06:03, schreef u:
> > Do you know more about the SuSE way of gaining root rights?
>
> kdesu, gnosu (or gnomesu) and suse's own is sux -c but that's from the
> command
> line.
>
> > Furthermore I would like to move Synaptic to the Kde|SystemSettings
> > menu. What do you as KDE user think about this?
>
> I have it in Kde|SystemSettings|More, but Kde|SystemSettings is fine with me.

SuSE seems to use a property in the desktop file:
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=true

I have added this in the SPEC file.

But I have got some 'minor' problems on my SuSE installation (installing
packages with yast drives me crazy...).

So could you try to build the RPM with the appended spec file?

By the way, could you please mail me your sources.list for SuSE? Mine
doesn't include all files that are required to build synaptic.

My neighbor will install SuSE9 on his vmware at the weekend. So I hope
to provide SuSE9 RPMS at the same time.

Sebastian