Re: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic 0.46pre1

From: Gustavo Niemeyer
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] synaptic 0.46pre1
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:35:14 -0200

Hi Richard!

> Back to the locales.  At the moment I must install the locales
> in /usr/share/locales instead of /opt/gnome/share/locales as synaptic does
> not pick up the locales from the latter location.  This was reported by
> someone else.  I use the english variant myself I therefor don't notice the
> problem and I don't know how to test the locale settings as well.

Ok.. locales are now looked for in $(prefix)/$DATADIR/locale, so if you
change your prefix, it will look for them in the right place.

> I prefer to have the locales in /opt/gnome/share/locales as result of
> configure.  Can anyone enlighten me how I can make the system aware that the
> locales must be picked up from /opt/gnome/share/locales?  For the record
> other (gnome) applications are picking the locales
> from /opt/gnome/share/locales.  Is there some app to be run in the post part
> of the rpm installation?

Setting the prefix will work now. If you want to change the locale
without changing the prefix, you'll have to hack gtk/Makefile.am to set
PACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR to where you want, at the moment.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net