Re: [Synaptic-devel] obsolete and locally installed, seems mistaken

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] obsolete and locally installed, seems mistaken
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:38:03 +0100

Am Di, den 13.01.2004 schrieb Sebastian Heinlein um 08:10:
> Am Mo, den 12.01.2004 schrieb Richard Bos um 20:31:
> > A question about terminology, I'm forwarding the question:
>
> > I agree with the questioner that in my case too, the packages are not
> > obsolete
> > at all, they are just installed without being part of a repository!  I
> > think
> > that the term obsolete is not correct.
>
> Perhaps we should replace "obsolete" with "not available".
>
> [Sorry for the private message to all translators]

Some further input from me:

We want to address the filter stuff in the next but one release: We plan
renaming of the filter and to introduce non editable system filter. But
this requires some deep changes to the filter architecture, which would
set a new release on hold for a quite long time.

There are plenty of new features and fixes in the current devel tree. So
stabilizing and bug fixing is the main priority at the moment to get out
a new release soon.

I hope that I can speak for Michael, too.

Regards,

Sebastian