tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Autosend feature

From: Martin Kratoska
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Autosend feature
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 21:24:13 +0100

Dne 7.11.2013 21:02, Thomas Beierlein napsal(a):
Hi Andy,

Am Tue, 5 Nov 2013 13:45:51 +0000
schrieb Andy Summers <address@hidden>:

Tom, you are right that there is no means of determining what
characters have been sent from cwdaemon when you have sent a word to
it, or a series of characters. I realised this when I wrote a winkey
server for cwdaemon
( http://g4kno.com/software_it/jWinkeyServer/jWinkeyServer.html).
Winkey provides a buffer and a pointer to the current location, but
cwdaemon provides no means to pass this information back. This is
essential if you want to edit the call after autosend starts. I'm not
a slick CW op so I don't know how common that scenario is. Maybe
Martin can tell us?

I fear as soon as you got a call started (especially with a high
speed in contest) you will effectively not be able to correct the
letters you typed in.

73, de Tom

In 1997 on Pantelleria expedition & CQ WPX Contest I was able to use TRlog with Autosend option at speeds up to 47 WPM. I am not a "wunderkind" :-) but some training helps. There is no need to correct possible typing errors, it is acceptable to send out a badly typed call and return back to the call input field, presumed that the program will send the corrected callsign again. Some guys have a problem when the call is not received correctly at first atempt. QRM/QRN/QSB may occur but a strong signal on a clean frequency must be received at first attempt - if not, the op should switch the Autosend feature off. Therefore I assume the fear is not relevant, Autosend is not for everyone. Alsdo the program should never think for the operator :-)

73,
Martin, OK1RR