tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Autosend feature

From: Andy Summers
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Autosend feature
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 13:45:51 +0000

Tom, you are right that there is no means of determining what characters have been sent from cwdaemon when you have sent a word to it, or a series of characters. I realised this when I wrote a winkey server for cwdaemon (http://g4kno.com/software_it/jWinkeyServer/jWinkeyServer.html). Winkey provides a buffer and a pointer to the current location, but cwdaemon provides no means to pass this information back. This is essential if you want to edit the call after autosend starts. I'm not a slick CW op so I don't know how common that scenario is. Maybe Martin can tell us?

Of course, it's possible to modify cw daemon to implement a buffer and add the extra commands, but that's a whole other project :).

73 Andy, G4KNO.