Re: OK, lets get this to work!!

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: OK, lets get this to work!!
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 21:08:52 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> Hello Michael,

Hi Gérald,

> first, it is not possible to try login on different machine.  For security
> reasons IT is not willing to open me an account on a different machine,
> similarly they won't allow someone from the outside world to logon our
> systems!!!

>From IT security pov, we have to accept this.

> I downloaded and unpacked tramp-2.2-6, but couldn't figure out how to
> install it on a Windows machine.  All this "configure" and "make" stuff is
> for *nixes machines.  I am not running Emacs Windows through Cygwin!!!  So,
> how do we install tramp on native Windows Emacs???

You don't need cygwin, there are also other tools which would help
you. See the file INSTALL in the tar-ball.

However, in your case (just for testing) it would be sufficient to
create the files trampver.el and tramp-loaddefs.el in the lisp
directory. I've appended both files from the recent Tramp 2.2.7-pre,
they shall work also for your 2.2.6 version.