web-hurd

Re: Started German website translation

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Started German website translation
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:26:17 +0100 (MET)

   A script (Perl?) run every now and than and/or when cahnges are
   made would be nice. You write HTML pages with your contents, the
   script extracts some data like timestamp and Title/keywords,
   generates a menu liek we have on the left side, and puts the body
   of the page in right place. Footer with correct timestamp
   added. That's it. Sounds simple.  But I can't do Perl, should learn
   it.

Actually, this might be a bad idea, it just occured to me that the
Hebrew page is adjusted for people reading from left to right.  Would
be quite hard to make it adjustable like that.  Also, figuring out
things like the translated name of a language would be hard (it is
used in the translation listing).

Cheers.