wesnoth-dev

Re[2]: [Wesnoth-dev] Drake Additions

From: Nils Kneuper
Subject: Re[2]: [Wesnoth-dev] Drake Additions
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 21:13:51 +0200

I also do speak in favour of leaving the drakes like they were in
0.9.1. Somebalancing in the direction of resistances / defense might
be good, but adding new units is not a good idea if we really want to
get closer to 1.0. Though I like the fraction of the drakes and some
more levels would be cool for them, they are not really needed. I'd
propose to revert the changes and go more into the direction of
balancing.
The same counts for me in the case of the "high elves". This could
really destroy balancing. In 0.9.1 Kalenz had fire damage which is
good against undead. He was a really good help against them. Now he is
rather worthless, because they are resistant to cold damage.
All in all I would say that we should try to keep the unit tree like
it was in 0.9.1. There already were really many units and fractions.
More can be done via User Addition and we could provide these on the
campaign server, but please not for the mainline.
I'd say that it would be good to do some balancing. For this we should
somehow listen to the experienced MP-Players a bit more, because they
normally know quite well, what is not good against humans. What is
imba against humans is not best against ai. So if MP was more balanced
(though it is quite well in default era ATM, i think) it would also be
good for normal campaigns.
It would be really good if some work would be done to complete SotBE
and tdh. Or we should think about leaving them out. The campaigns
really look "not ready" at all. I do not know who is working on these
and if there is progress in this work. I would speak in favour of
leaving them out but include a user campaign as mainline. I think
Under the Burning sun is quite good and could be included as mainline.
Espicially since it is by far more complete than sotbe and tdh.
If we really want to make a step to the release of 1.0 in the nearer
future, something has to be done with these two campaigns.
Mhm, sorry for getting of track with this post this much,
CU
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic