wesnoth-dev

[Wesnoth-dev] How much discussion should we have about changes?

From: Asa Swain
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] How much discussion should we have about changes?
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 15:05:18 -0700 (PDT)

 I've been away for the US three day Memorial Day
weekend, so I missed all the excitement.
Congratulations to Dave for putting his foot down and
making the hard decisions needed to steer this project
towards 1.0.

I disagree with the sudden change to have berserk
happen again while defending. And I was surprised to
see the orcish archers suddenly gain a fire attack.
Normally we would have a long discussion before big
changes like these happened. But perhaps this is a
sign of the new order, that a few people have the
power to do what they will to improve the balance of
the game. How much will discussion be curtailed in the
push to get to 1.0? Should be some discussion over the
merits of these changes? Should more people be added
to the council in charge of balancing? Would this slow
down the process too much? I don't know.

I may not agree with all the changes made, but no
matter what the final version looks like, I'm excited
about the prospect of actually reaching 1.0, as
opposed to being eternally stuck in development.

-Asa