yafray-devel

Re: [Yafray-devel] on line updates...

From: Alfredo de Greef
Subject: Re: [Yafray-devel] on line updates...
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 20:18:49 -0800 (PST)

--- Andera <address@hidden> wrote:
> This is the new question....
> I have to ignore the non-randomsamplig also for the
> pathtracing?

Yes, better do that, the non-randomsampling is going
to be removed.
The hemilight might also be removed since Jandro's
pathlight can do the same and more.
It might make a comeback when HDRI is implemented to
do fast fake environmental lighting using 'ambient
occlusion'.

> And...
> Pathtrace seems to work only if a background is
> set...right?

No, you can use it with any scene. It probably is also
better to disable the hemilight in the script when
using the pathlight, the background automatically
casts light and works the same as the hemilight this
way. Using both together will make rendering slower
and the picture much too bright (lighting would be
calculated twice).

Alfredo