yafray-devel

Re: [Yafray-devel] on line updates...

From: Andera
Subject: Re: [Yafray-devel] on line updates...
Date: 11 Jan 2003 11:06:39 +0100

> This is an example of a the new sunsky background.
>
> <!-- sunsky background shader -->
> <background type="sunsky" name="sky" turbidity="4"
> add_sun="on">
>       <from x="-7" y="-10" z="1" />
> </background>
>
> 'tubidity' controls atmosphere density, 4 which is the
> default is an almost clear sky, higher values may or
> may not work well, since the chromaticity/rgb
> conversion is not how it is done in the official code,
> which uses an elaborate function based on spectral
> data. Atmosphere effects themselves are also not used.
> So it only affects the overall color and the sun
> effect on the atmosphere.

> With 'add_sun' you can specify if an actual sunlight
> should be created at the specified position but also
> with the correct color at that position in the sky.

Ok, add_sun ="on" means that a sunlight must exist in the scene?
Or a brand new is created?
If so, the color?
I do these question to know if I have just to put a single button "Add
Sun" or a more compicated set of params...

> This is an example of a render block with all the new
> parameters:
>
> <render camera_name="Camera" samples="16" raydepth="5"
>       bias="0.001000" tolerance="0.06"
>       gamma="1.5" exposure="1.4142136"
>       fog_density="0.005" >
>       <fog_color r="1" g="1" b="1" />
>       <outfile value="myimage.tga"/>
> </render>

> 'exposure' controls any exposure adjustments, if set
> to 0, no exposure calculations are done. This
> parameter can be used to 'compress' the entire
> brightness of the picture in the range 0-1, no matter
> how high the actual intensities are. The parameter
> controls the brightness curve, the default is sqrt(2),
> lower is darker, higher is brighter, but it all
> remains in the range 0-1.

Well, what is the difference between "0" and sqrt(2)?
"0" -> do nothing (normal appearence)?
sqrt(2) -> apply the value (gives normal appearence ?)

Thanks for the help!

Andrea