Suggestion: User-contributed use-cases on orgmode.org ?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Suggestion: User-contributed use-cases on orgmode.org ?
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 21:09:54 -0800

Just a suggestion (or maybe this is already handled?).

Was thinking I'd like to see an archive of tagged use-cases for Org that
could be searched via tags or regexp.  The use-cases should include a
description of the problem, a general description of the answer, blocks
of elisp (general code) to setup the answer, and how to use the code to
do the work of the use-case.  In fact, it could be recommended that the
use-cases be written in literate programming style (the first use-case
would have to provide the recommended example).  As such, if written
properly in Org, it could (after a once over by maintainers) be exported
to HTML for inclusion on orgmode.org.

My reason for this is to have a ready reference for how other people
have setup functions/variables that I could then copy/modify for my
particular need.  Many times, hacking other people's code is easier than
digging into the Elisp of the various parts of Org. Forty years of using
Emacs (off fand on) and hacking pieces of Elisp, I never really learned
programming in Elisp.

--
David Masterson